I would like to share notes from Brother Linus’s sermons. He preached three messages about love. I will share my notes.
Love can lose its meaning. Pride takes it place in our lives and then there is no place for God in our lives.
Love is the cornerstone of all that we do. It aids in doing all of the gifts God has given.
Love is giving.
5 Aspects of God’s Love
1. God gave His Son. Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
2. God gives eternal comfort. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.
3. God gave all things into Jesus’ hand. John 13:3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God
4. God gives reproof and a throne. Revelation 3:19 and 21 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. . . . He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
5. God gave Himself for the church. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her
7 Things Concerning Love from John 3:16
1. The tense of love – In the past tense; demonstrates that God’s love is from Creation until now.
2. Magnitude of His love – “so loved the world” So cannot be defined or measured. God’s love is too big.
3. Scope of His love – “loved the world” He loves all people, no exceptions.
4. Nature of His love – His love speaks to the highest interest of others.
5. Sacrificial character of His love – “gave His only begotten Son”
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
6. Design of His love – “whosoever believeth in Him shall never perish.”
7. Benefit of His love – “have everlasting life.”
The atmosphere of love is found in 1 Corinthians 13.
2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God
and into the steadfastness of Christ.